Summary: The N.C. State Fair continues its commitment to highlighting North Carolina agriculture through its Farm Family of the Day program presented by Tractor Supply Company. Eleven farm families will be recognized at the State Fair, highlighting their farm and the pride they have in farming.
Today’s Topic with Southern Farm Network’s Mike Davis
- We are about two months away from the N.C. State Fair and we are busy getting ready.
- That includes seeking applications and nominations for the 11 farm families of the day that we will be highlighting each day of the fair.
- This is the third year for the popular program sponsored by Tractor Supply Company.
- The program continues the State Fair’s commitment to showcasing agriculture in our state, including the farmers who help feed us and who are part of the $103.2 billion agriculture and agribusiness industry in the state.
- We are accepting applications and nominations through Sept. 15
- You can find an application on the State Fair webpage at www.ncstatefair.org under the Attractions link. You will find a link there to the Farm Family of the Day program.
- Farm families selected will receive a State Fair gift basket with admission and ride tickets, plus State Fair and Tractor Supply company swag.
- Each family will also be featured on the State Fair’s Deep Fried Blog and on the fair’s social media channels. We also have large signs around the fairgrounds featuring each family.
- It’s a great program that I am happy we started because it carries on the tradition of agricultural education that has been at the heart of the fair since its beginning.
- I hope we receive a lot of applications and nominations.
- The State Fair runs Oct. 12-22 at the State Fairgrounds in Raleigh. Tickets are now on sale online at www.ncstatefair.org.