Many farms across the state are holding special events during the winter, including choose-and-cut farms open for North Carolina Christmas trees. You can find activities and farm experiences through the VisitNCFarms app or online at www.gottobenc.com
Today’s Topic with Southern Farm Network’s Mike Davis
- I want to remind listeners that it is not too late to get a fresh North Carolina Christmas tree if you have not gotten one already.
- Many choose-and-cut farms are open, offering a fun family experience of picking your own tree.
- And you can also find North Carolina trees at the four state-operated farmers markets, farm stands and roadside stands. Some locations also carry fresh wreaths and garland.
- You can go online at our www.gottobenc.com website to find listings of Christmas tree farms near you. You can also download the VisitNCFarms app to find pick-your-own tree farms and other farms offering winter activities.
- If you are looking for activities for the whole family, you can find things for kids and adults alike. Light shows, holiday festivals, craft markets and wine tastings are among the seasonal activities that guests will find at farms across the state.
- Being together as a family is the best gift of all as far as I am concerned and agritourism farms offer families the opportunity for some quality together time.
- Call ahead to farms before heading out to be sure of event dates, hours of operation and availability for your group.