Summary: The application period is open for students who have participated in youth livestock shows at the N.C. State Fair to apply for N.C. State Fair Junior Livestock Scholarships. Up to 25 $2,000 scholarships can be awarded; one $2,500 Farm Credit of N.C. premier scholarship will also be awarded. The deadline to apply is March 1.
- Youth that have participated in the N.C. State Fair Junior Livestock competitions are now eligible to apply for scholarships through the N.C. State Fair Youth Livestock Scholarship program.
- The deadline to apply is March 1.
- Up to 25 $2,000 scholarships are available, plus one premier scholarship of $2,500 is offered through the support of Farm Credit of N.C.
- I am very proud of this program because it helps young people pay for their higher education costs, including community colleges and technical schools.
- The money for these scholarships is raised through the State Fair’s annual Sale of Champions where grand and reserve grand champions are sold at auction. Part of the sales total goes into this youth livestock scholarship program where any young person who participates in the shows can apply.
- Students will need to submit the completed application, including their State Fair junior livestock experience, a 500-word essay, academic achievements and extracurricular activities they are involved in.
- Winners will only be eligible to receive scholarships a maximum of four times, with years prior to 2022 counting towards the four years.
- Anyone with questions can contact Neil Bowman at email@example.com. A copy of the application can be found online at www.ncstatefair.org
- This is a great opportunity for students to help pay for their tuition.