Summary: NCDA&CS will host the 16th Annual Ag Development Forum Feb. 3 during the Southern Farm Show. Commissioner Troxler will deliver his State of Agriculture address and the department will recognize the Exporter of the Year.
- The Southern Farm Show marks its return to the State Fairgrounds in Raleigh Feb. 2-4 after a year away due to the pandemic.
- This is the largest farm show in the Southeast and nearly all of the fairgrounds will be used to showcase vendors of new equipment and agricultural services.
- In addition, several groups will hold their annual meetings and we will host the 16th Annual Ag Development Forum where I will deliver my State of Agriculture address.
- The Farm Show is an event I look forward to every year. I admit I like to look at new tractors almost as much as I enjoy antique tractors. Especially some of the super-sized pieces of equipment. It is amazing to see the new technology integrated into these machines, and to see how far we have come in a relatively short window of time with advances.
- The Ag Development Forum gives us all an opportunity to hear the latest economic forecast and updates on current agricultural issues and federal legislation and actions.
- I will tell you that with skyrocketing input costs and supply chain issues, I will be most eager to hear the economic forecast. I imagine others will, too.
- I always feel like the forum helps set the course for the new year and the new growing season.
- We also plan to recognize the Exporter of the Year during the program, which is a highlight for our international trade efforts. Exports and developing trade opportunities are essential to the long-term success of agriculture in our state.
- We are asking people to let us know if they are planning to attend since lunch follows the program thanks to the N.C. Agribusiness Council. You can find more information about the Ag Development Forum, including a registration link, on our website at www.ncagr.gov.