Agriculture Commissioner Steve Troxler sits down each week with Southern Farm Network’s Mike Davis to discuss “Today’s Topic.”
The application period to apply for a N.C. State Fair Junior Livestock Scholarship is open until March 1. Any youth who showed livestock at the N.C. State Fair are eligible to apply regardless of the breed or show placement. There are up to 25 $1,000 scholarships and one Farm Credit Association of N.C. Premier Scholarship of $1,500.
In addition to the completed application, students will need to submit:
- a resume of their N.C. State Fair Junior Livestock experience (This carries the most weight in evaluating applications at 60 points)
- a copy of their current transcript, (10 points for academic achievement)
- a typed 500-word essay, (15 points)
- a resume of their extracurricular and academic activities and honors, (Included under General resume 15 points)
- and two letters of recommendation in sealed envelopes.
You can find the application and details of requirements on the N.C. State Fair homepage at www.ncstatefair.org. Completed applications are due to the N.C. State Fair Office or postmarked by 5 p.m. on March 1.