In honor of National Herb Week and National Shrimp Day, we are going to share an easy shrimp dish from the She Wears Many Hats blog.
The good thing about this recipe is that it doesn’t require a ton of time and can be left for the day to marinate and make for a tasty dinner! In under 5 minutes, a nice entrée or appetizer can be done. For tips and tricks for this dish, click here.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime or lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves, grated or minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled (except for tails) and deveined
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, juice, garlic, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Set aside and marinate for 20 minutes.*
- Preheat oven broiler on high.**
- Spread shrimp along with marinade in single layer in an oven-proof skillet or baking pan.
- Place in center of oven and broil for 3 minutes, until pink.