Happy National Peanut Month!
Looking for a tasty lunch recipe to take to work? Want a unique and tasty appetizer for dinner? This salad recipe is the easy dish you’ve been looking for. Celebrate National Peanut Month with this nutty salad.
North Carolina ranks fifth in the nation for peanut production with Martin County being the top county in peanut production.
1 lb. deli-fried chicken tenders, chopped (about 6 tenders)
2 cups shredded coleslaw mix
2 cups chopped kale, remove leaves from stem
1 cup broccoli slaw mix
1 pkg. ramen noodles, cooked without packet, drained and chopped
½ cup green onions, thinly sliced
½ cup cilantro, chopped
¾ cup dry-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped, divided
5 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
crushed red pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together chicken, coleslaw mix, kale, broccoli slaw, ramen noodles, green onions, cilantro and ½ cup of the peanuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice and peanut butter until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in toasted sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, light brown sugar and crushed red pepper until creamy.
- Pour dressing over salad mixture; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with remaining peanuts.