We are just a few day’s from one of the largest eating days of the year in the United States, behind Thanksgiving of course. And while you can’t go wrong serving chicken wings at your Super Bowl party, here is something delicious from this year’s N.C. State Fair. Mama’s Chili Sliders submitted by Pamela Cash of Youngsville won first place and $200 in the North Carolina Cattlemen’s Beef Council Create a Better Burger recipe contest during the 2018 N.c. State Fair.
It’s a delicious recipe to keep in mind for the big event.
- 1.25 pounds 80/20 ground beef chuck
- 1/3 cup sweet red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup white onion, diced
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup ketchup
Brown ground beef chuck in a large skillet. Then add red bell pepper, onion, sugar, spices and olive oil. Cook until peppers are tender and onions are translucent. Add ketchup and cook for 3 minutes longer. Remove from heat, cover with lid and set aside.
- 1 pound 96/4 ground beef
- ½ cup white onion, minced
Combine ingredients and shape into slider-size patties. Chill for 1 hour before frying in a pan.
- 8 pack slider rolls
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon dried garlic
- ½ tablespoon sourwood honey
Mix ingredients together and set aside.
Toppings for the Burger
- 2.8 ounces French’s Crispy Fried Onions
- 1-2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 10 ounces package aged sharp cheddar slices (pre-cut for crackers)
- French’s Yellow Mustard
- Duke’s Light mayonnaise
Place rolls in a greased 9×13-pan. Place grated cheese on bottom of rolls and top with cooked slider patties. Add sliced cheese, chili, mayo, mustard, and French-fried onions. Place top buns back on top of burgers and brush top of buns with the bun ingredient mixture without oversaturating. Place burgers in an oven that has been preheated to 350 degrees. Cook until browned on top and cheese is melted. Let cool, cut and have some Pepsi and Lay’s Chips.