Pies are a holiday dessert staple. We found the holiday recipe below on Facebook and it uses pecan toffee made in Chapel Hill. This simple recipe will impress your guests and just might be the hit of any holiday gathering.
Since 2006 the Graves Family has been selling their toffee, which is a secret family recipe. Today, Chapel Hill Toffee and Griff’s Coffee Toffee can be found at more than 400 retail locations nationwide and online. Griff’s Coffee Toffee and Pecan Toffee is named after the first grandson of founder Karen Graves.
Griff’s Toffee Pecan Pie
- 1 5-ounce box of Griff’s Pecan Toffee
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 premade or frozen 9-inch deep dish pie crust, unbaked
- Roughly chop toffee with a sharp knife, or crush with rolling pin or rubber mallet. Reserve 2 tablespoons for pie topping.
- Stir together eggs, vanilla extract, corn syrup, butter, sugar and salt.
- Mix in pecans and toffee pieces.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake on 350 degrees on oven’s center rack for 60-70 minutes or until interior temperature reaches 200 degrees and crust is golden brown.
- Cool for 2-3 hours to be sure that filling is set. Top with reserved toffee bits after 20-30 minutes.