Ask 10 people their favorite place to go for ice cream and you are likely to get 10 different places. Hot summer days and warm nights make a frozen treat a welcome sight, which is why July is perfect for National Ice Cream Month. North Carolina has 39 ice cream and value-added dairy manufacturers. If you are looking for some of the best ice cream in the state, here are a few articles to help with your search:
- The 17 Best Ice Cream Shops and Creameries in North Carolina, Only in Your State.
- Best Ice Cream Shops in North Carolina, PBS.
- Best ice cream in the Triangle, WRAL.
- 30 North Carolina Ice Cream Shops We Love, Our State.
If you want to celebrate with a delicious ice cream treat at home, we suggest this blueberry milkshake that combines ice cream with another in-season treat, blueberries. You can try other fruits like peaches and strawberries when they’re in season, too.
- 1 1⁄2 cups N.C. blueberries
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Blend blueberries first and then add the remaining ingredients. Mix on high until smooth.