This weekend the Got to Be NC Festival is being held at the N.C. State Fairgrounds in Raleigh. This event is a family-friendly celebration of agriculture, food and fun. The festival offers something for everyone, including farm animals, antique tractors, crafts, children’s activities, music, and barbecue.
One of the festival’s highlights is the Homegrown Fare presented by Lowes Foods. Visitors can sample and purchase food, wine and beer from about 100 N.C. companies in the Expo Building. Admission is $3 for ages 12 and older, but guests can receive two free admission tickets by presenting their Lowes Foods loyalty card at the door.
This spring, Got To Be NC worked with 15 bloggers from across the state to highlight some of the vendors that will be at the Homegrown Fare presented by Lowes Foods, during the Got To Be NC Festival. The festival, an annual celebration of agriculture, food and fun, runs May 19-21 at the N.C. State Fairgrounds in Raleigh.
We asked each blogger to pick a food, wine or beer company that interested them from a lineup of companies that will be in the festival. The bloggers contacted the companies, talked to the owners and created unique recipes using their products.
Follow the links below to find out for yourself, and don’t forget to meet these local companies at the 2017 Got to Be NC Festival.
- Introducing Harvest Time Foods Gluten-Free Products from Andrea of Good Girl Gone Redneck
- Chocolate Cherry Rum Cake Bites from Angie of Big Bear’s Wife
- Ice Cream Parfaits with Peach Wine Syrup from April of Girl Gone Gourmet
- Sweet and Tart Spaghetti and Meatballs from Emily of The Edible Coast
- Choose Better, Drink Sunshine and Brighten Your Life from Jen of JAB’s Plethora
- North Carolina Muffaletta with Bruce Julian from Jenni of Pastry Chef Online
- Carolina Fancy Foods Takes NC Food Products to a New Level from Johanna of Durham Foodie
- Homemade Caterpillar Rolls, North Carolina Style from Kate of Life of a Ginger
- Little Black Dress Dinner Party from Leigh of HinesSight
- Easy Noodle Bowl with Bertie County Peanuts from Meghan of I’m Fixin’ To
- Coming Home to Gregory Vineyards from Rachel of Fit Triangle Mom
- Got to Be NC Air Fried Tofu Rancheros with Veggies and Little Face Salsa from Kathy at Healthy Slow Cooking
- Crispy Crust Macaroni & Pimento Cheese from Fran of Sip, Stir, Go
- North Carolina Jamaican Jerk with Mango Salsa and Rice from Hadassah of World on a Table
- Discovering The World’s Best Popcorn from Linda of Hispanic Mama
Come check out the homegrown, North Carolina made products, plus dozens more this weekend. For a complete list of vendors, visit www.gottobencfestival.com/Attractions/FoodWine.htm.