What is your idea of a perfect burger? For Jenni Field, it’s a mouth-watering combination of ground beef and pulled pork, featuring more than 10 ingredients from North Carolina.
Field, the creator of Pastry Chef Online, made the Got to Be NC Burger as part of a nationwide food-blogger challenge for National Burger Month in May. Fifty bloggers from across the country were asked to come up with their own unique burger to celebrate the occasion. Fields dedicated her burger to the best of North Carolina.
With the help of NCDA&CS marketing specialist Jack Nales, Field created the Got to Be NC Burger. The Burger Month craze was picked up by Buzz Feed, which ran an article covering all of the burgers in the promotion.
Following is a breakdown of all the ingredients featured in Field’s Got to Be NC Burger. For a complete recipe, visit her blog.
- House-made bacon from The Butcher’s Market in Raleigh
- Cheerwine, made in Salisbury
- Texas Pete hot sauce from Winston-Salem
- Gravitas seasoning from Good Rub in Morrisville
- Local onions, sweet red pepper relish, and jalapeno hoop cheese from the N.C. State Farmers Market in Raleigh
- Bone Suckin’ Mustard Sauce from Ford’s Foods in Raleigh
- Jim’s Own Barbecue Sauce from Cary
- Dreamy, Creamy Vinaigrette from The Little Black Dressing Company from Wallburg
- Signature Salt & Pepper Pickles from Miss Jenny’s Pickles in Kernersville
- Moss’ Plain White Fine Ground Cornmeal from Buffaloe Milling Company in Kittrell
Check out the video below to see more from Field on her Got to Be NC Burger. She stresses that this is just her version of a Got to Be NC Burger. How would you create a Got to Be NC Burger? What would you put on it? Share in the comments below.