If you are looking for something to do with your family this month, check out an agritourism farm. North Carolina boasts nearly 700 agritourism farms across the state. An agritourism farm is one that allows visitors to participate in a wide range of activities that include picking fruits, learning about wine, touring farms or enjoying farm-to-table meals.
“Agritourism is a fun way for people to learn more about agriculture,” says Agriculture Commissioner Steve Troxler. “It’s a great way to help North Carolina farms add value to their operations.
Check out the online directory www.visitncfarms.com to find agritourism experiences offered across the state. The directory is organized by county and activities offered, making it easy for families to find the perfect farm for them.
Below are a few events happening in April:
- April 4 – Breakfast with the Easter Bunny at Parnell Farms in Bear Grass
- April 11 – Barrel Tasting at Addison Farms Vineyards in Leicester
- April 18 – Spring Open House at Mitchell’s Nursery & Greenhouse in King
- April 24-26 – Mountain Wine Country Bud Break Weekend featuring several wineries from North Carolina and Georgia
- April 25 & 26 – 20th Piedmont Farm Tour spread across 40 farms in Alamance, Chatham, Orange and Person counties
- Various dates and locations – pick-your-own strawberry farms