Season 2 of UNC-TV’s “Flavor, NC” program is under way and Saturday’s episode features the State Farmers Market in Raleigh and Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina. The episode runs at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 29, on UNC-TV.
“Flavor, NC” showcases North Carolina farms, foods and restuarants from the mounatins to the coast. It is hosted by Lisa Prince, a contributor to this blog who brings you the weekly “Local Dish” recipes with WRAL reporter Brian Schrader.
“Season 2 has been just as much fun and just as fascinating to me to film; we have so many great chefs in our state, plus so much agricultural diversity on our farms,” Prince said. “In the end, it’s the people who make the show. I love to get to spend the day with them and showcase what they do.”
For anyone who loves good food or likes to explore North Carolina, it would seem Lisa has a pretty fabulous job.
North Wilkesboro farmer Seth Church of Apple Brandy Beef and Chef Andrew Long of the Storie Street Grille in Blowing Rock will be featured Oct. 3 and 6.
Be sure to watch more episodes of this mouth-watering program. Episodes air Wednesdays at 9 p.m. on UNC-EX and Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. on UNC-TV. Following is the schedule for Season 2:
- Oct. 10 & 13 — Carrigan Farms of Mooresville and FS Food Group of Charlotte;
- Oct. 17 & 20 — Carolina Distillery and The Wine Cellar and Bistro of Lenoir;
- Oct. 24 & 27 — In Good Heart Farm of Clayton and Market Restaurant of Raleigh;
- Oct. 31 & Nov. 3 — Braswell Foods of Nashville and Brigs Restaurant of Cary;
- Nov. 7 & 10 — Johnsons Peaches of Candor and Carolina Crossroads Restaurants of Chapel Hill;
- Nov. 14 & 17 — Sanctuary Vineyards and BJ’s Carolina Cafe of Jarvisburg;
For the latest updates and special behind-the-scenes peeks, follow along on the “Flavor, NC” Facebook page.
Underwriting support for the series is provided by Got to Be NC Agriculture, the Currituck County Department of Travel and Tourism, Got to Be NC Seafood, North Carolina’s Egg Farmers & The Incredible Edible Egg and the N.C. Cattlemen’s Association.