Luckily, apples, grapes, leafy greens and pumpkins will soon be in abundance. To celebrate, the state-operated farmers markets in Asheville, Colfax, Charlotte, Raleigh and Lumberton will be holding a series of special events from now through December.
Below is a list of special commodity days planned for the fall. Listed events are held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., unless otherwise specified.
Additional events will be held at the farmers markets including plant clinics and fall craft fairs. We will try to post any changes made to the schedule, but recommend calling the farmers market before you go.
- Grape Day: Sept. 9, State Farmers Market
- Annual Fall Herb Sale: Sept. 10, 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Charlotte Regional Farmers Market
- Taste of Fall and Grape Day: Sept. 10, Southeastern N.C. Farmers Market
- Taste Carolina Wine Festival: Sept. 17, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Piedmont Triad Farmers Market
- Apple Day: Sept. 22, State Farmers Market
- Apple Tasting: Sept. 23, WNC Farmers Market
- Sweet Potato Day: Sept. 29, State Farmers Market
- Great Pumpkin Contest: Oct. 6, State Farmers Market
- Look What’s Cooking: Southeastern N.C. Farmers Market
- Colossal Collard Day: Nov. 4, State Farmers Market
- Pecan Day: Nov. 18, State Farmers Market
- Pecan and Sweet Potato Day: Nov. 19, Southeastern N.C. Farmers Market
We’d love to hear from you. What’s your favorite fall crop? Which fall commodity day is your favorite?