Saying the Big Cart is a rock star of shopping carts is a bit of an understatement. In the world of shopping carts, few can measure up to the size or speed of The Big Cart.
Standing 13-feet tall and 15-feet long and sporting a Chevrolet 396 V-8 engine, the Big Cart makes its way around the state, stopping at shopping centers, grocery stores and businesses, and appearing in parades, festivals and other special events.
Without question, it attracts attention wherever it goes, and that’s the goal.
The Big Cart is a promotional tool used by the department to highlight North Carolina farmers, North Carolina food products and farm commodities, and the Got to Be NC Agriculture program. The super-sized cart is leased with funds from corporate sponsors. Sponsors for the 2009 Big Cart are Anne’s Dumplings, Hampton Farms, House Autry Mills, Nature’s Own and Neese’s Country Sausage.
Check out this video with G.W. Stanley, a marketing specialist with the department, who is one of the Big Cart drivers.
Following is an upcoming schedule of promotional stops :
- July 16 from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Chick-Fil-A in Garner
- July 16 from 3:30-5 p.m. at the Food Lion on highways 40/42 in Garner
- July 17 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at Walmart NC Days in Fuquay-Varina
- July 17 at 5:30 p.m. at the Mudcats baseball game in Zebulon
- July 18 at 10 a.m. at the N.C. Peach Festival Parade in Candor
- July 21 from 4-6 p.m. at the Walmart NC Days in Fayetteville